I’ve seen a few people do these style of blog posts and I thought I join in on the bandwagon. So, in case you didn’t know, I’m 26 years old – getting ever so close to 30. And I personally don’t feel like I have truly lived my life to the fullest – mostly down to money or lack thereof. However, I have learnt an awful lot whilst growing up and understanding more about the world around me.
I’m already thinking about what things I want to achieve before the time I’m 30. I’m not gonna lie, being on the other side of 25 has me feeling really down about my age. Then I start to wonder why when I should be making the most of my life. Age is just a number, right?
Here’s my list of 26 things I have learnt in my 26 years of life:
1. Worrying about something trivial is a waste of your time
2. Not everyone is going to like you, and that’s okay!
3. Be positive
4. Don’t be impulsive with silly things
5. It’s okay to not be okay
6. Never give up on your dreams/goals
7. Budgeting is important
8. But you can treat yourself every once in a while
9. Learning to drive is WORTH IT!
10. Trust your gut instinct
11. Some friendships don’t last forever
12. Drink more water
13. Social Media lives are generally fake
14. Don’t compare yourself to others
15. Working hard will pay off
16. Be patient in life
17. Being perfect does not exist!
18. If someone doesn’t agree with you, don’t try to change their opinion
19. Theme Parks will be a part of my life forever
20. Don’t ask, don’t get
21. Memories last longer than material possessions
22. Having a hearing disability does not stop me from living my life
23. Be nice to everyone – you don’t know what they are going through
24. Having some ‘me-time’ is necessary
25. You can still love Disney at whatever age you are!
26. Your parents will always be there for you
That’s all for now!